The Johannesburg Auditions';
- Auditions/Live Art Exhibition
- Johannesburg Gallery (SA)
- 25 September – 25 October 2014
- Johannesburg Art Gallery
They are young actors at the end of their theatre education. During their school time they’ve been taught how to create different emotions on stage, how to be credible, how to take on a character and become someone else. They’ve learned techniques of shifting and transitions, of masking, of empathy and internalization. And sometimes also of just being themselves.
Now it’s the day of their final audition. They have to go on stage to present, expose and to sell themselves. To show what they have learned. To prove that they can transform, that they can create the illusion of reality and that they can make the audience believe.
They go on stage to tell the audience who they are and who else they can become.
It’s the day of the market.
The project ALSO THE REAL THING: THE JOHANNESBURG AUDITIONS is a new collaboration between Boris Nikitin and the Indian director and visual artist Zuleikha Chaudhari.
For three weeks they will work with the graduates of the Market Theatre Lab Acting School of Johannesburg.
The presentation of the workshop will work as presentation, real audition and illusion.
- Performance installation by
- Boris Nikitin und Zuleikha Chaudhari
- Boris Nikitin, Zuleikha Chaudhari
- Busi Rebecca Letwaba, Gratitude Fisher, Katlego Letsholonyana, Lawrence Shongwe, Lindani Dlamini, Musawenkosi Mhlophe, Reneilwe Mashitisho, Teboho Thuswa, Thandi Porcia Ramashe, Thando Mahlagu
In collaboration with the
Market Theatre Lab, Johannesburg.